OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too!

Posted on March 23, 2022 by jilldennison 

This week I have just a whole lot of people doing those small good things to help others, to make life just a wee bit brighter for some.  Most of us will never have the opportunity, the wherewithal to do the big things, like flying to Ukraine to help people find homes, or feeding an entire community, but we can do little things to help someone, to make a life a little easier.

LeRon Britt is a mail carrier in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.  Terri Halliday is a disabled U.S. military veteran with only one leg, who lives on Britt’s daily route, and … well, I’ll let Ms. Halliday tell you in her own words what happened after her home alert system indicated movement outside her front door …
“I began watching on my phone, and I saw a mail delivery truck. The next thing I know, I see him coming up my steps with a snow shovel.  He shoveled all the steps and cleared off my front deck. I was shocked but grateful.”

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-leron-britt-e1647986279150

A little thing, probably took him no more than 5 minutes, but it made a huge difference in one woman’s life!

The latest estimate is that more than 3.5 million refugees have fled from Ukraine … most are women and children.  The country that has received most of these refugees is Poland, naturally, since it is the nearest country.  The Polish people are stepping up to the plate in many ways, but this one caught my eye a few days ago.
Strangers are donating everything from diapers to strollers to help refugee mothers cope and take care of their children.  Here are a few pictures from the platform at the Przemyśl train station …

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-poland-1

Polish citizens left shopping carts filled with diapers at the Przemyśl train station platform.

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-poland-2

Strollers for refugees and their babies fleeing the conflict from neighboring Ukraine.

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-poland-3

Small mountains of clothing, shoes, jackets and outerwear fill cardboard boxes just outside of the Przemyśl train station at a refugee relocation center.

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-poland-4

Car seats and carriers line the wall of the Przemyśl train station.

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-poland-5

Diapers, baby wipes and food items fill a room inside the Przemyśl train station.
And help isn’t just available in the form of physical supplies — some people have been holding up signs, offering rides to different places across Europe and volunteers are helping refugees find a place to stay — be it a school gymnasium or families who have offered to take in women and children.

https://youtu.be/IUZ57us7wg8

Jackie Mihal of Panama City, Florida, runs a shelter … Salty Cats of St. Andrews Rescue Group … from her home.  Earlier this month, as a wildfire was rapidly approaching, she was faced with having to rescue some 86 cats and one bunny.  How could just one person rescue all those animals, some of which are feral, others have health problems, and with a limited number of cages?

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-jackie-mihal

Enter three strangers …
Brian Salmon, Scott Morris, and Scott Trunzo just happened to be in the area and jumped in to help.  I don’t know how they did it, but all 87 animals were evacuated to safety and have since returned home.  Thumbs up to these three guys … and to Ms. Mihal for all that she does!

Good People Doing Good Things — Small Things Matter Too! Gp-mike-nance

Mike Nance is a garbage truck driver in Norwalk, Connecticut.  He was on his route on February 17th (which just happens to be National Acts of Kindness Day) when he spotted a woman walking around, talking to herself, seemingly troubled.  Where some people might have rolled their eyes and gotten on with the business of the day, Mr. Nance felt the urge to see if he could somehow help the woman.
He spoke with her for a time, found she had many troubles, gave her what little cash he had with him at the time, and gave her a big hug … a hug that caught the attention of Dave Kuban and Carlos Gonzales who were just opening their restaurant, Dave and Charlie’s Hometown Deli, for the day’s business.  Moved by the hospitality they were witnessing, Dave and Carlos found their own way to assist the woman.
“After we saw him do that, we made her a little breakfast and brought it over to her. It’s a domino effect.”
And in hopes of keeping that domino effect going, Dave & Carlos snapped some photos of the moment between Mike and the woman and shared them in a local Facebook group.  Says Mike, the guy who started it all …
“I’m a garbage man. We’re about the community. I’m about the community. I love Norwalk. I’m from Norwalk. I was born here. So whatever I can do to help, that’s what I’m going to do.  I try to be the best person I can be every day.  There’s a lot of good people out here in the world.”
Remember that, my friends … “There’s a lot of good people out here in the world.”  It’s far too easy to forget in these days of social and political turmoil, of war and ever-decreasing natural resources, but yeah … there ARE an awful lot of people who will stop what they’re doing, even go out of their way, to help someone in need.

https://jilldennison.com/2022/03/23/good-people-doing-good-things-small-things-matter-too/
Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum