OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision

Date: September 25, 2022Author: Nwo Report

NASA is buying some time with this decision.

NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision Image-689

Posted BY: Teresa | NwoReport
NASA on Saturday announced that it will no longer attempt to launch its Artemis I mission on Tuesday, September 27, as Tropical Storm Ian continues developing in the Caribbean Sea.
Instead of preparing the massive Space Launch System rocket for liftoff in three days, teams at Kennedy Space Center in Florida will instead start to configure the ground systems and vehicle for a potential rollback to a large hangar, the Vehicle Assembly Building. Sheltering inside this building would protect the $4 billion rocket and Orion spacecraft from any foul weather due to Ian.
Earlier, NASA had said it would make a decision by Saturday afternoon on whether to roll the Artemis I mission back inside the hangar. However, in its announcement on Saturday the agency said it would now make that decision on Sunday.
“Engineers deferred a final decision about the roll to Sunday, Sept. 25, to allow for additional data gathering and analysis,” the space agency said in a blog post. “If Artemis I managers elect to roll back, it would begin late Sunday night or early Monday morning.”

According to an agency spokesperson, NASA will not set a new launch date until the Artemis I rollback decision is made. Theoretically, Sept. 28 is in play, but at present, the forecast looks pretty bad and it may not be possible to reconfigure the rocket for a launch by then, anyway. That would leave Oct. 1 and 2 as the most likely options. The current launch period closes on October 5. After that time NASA will have to return to the Vehicle Assembly Building regardless of what happens, delaying the much-anticipated Artemis I launch to no earlier than the second half of November.

A prudent decision

NASA is buying some time with this decision. By preparing for a rollback now, NASA should be able to complete that operation by Monday night, prudently allowing plenty of time to get the SLS rocket into a protected space and send its employees home before Ian directly affects Florida.
Over the next 24 hours, then, agency decision-makers can follow the forecasts made by the National Hurricane Center as well as launch range weather officers with the US Space Force in Florida about Ian’s prospects.
Much of the forecast model guidance has shifted westward during the last few runs, and if this trend were to continue it is plausible that NASA could experience mild enough weather at Kennedy Space Center to keep its rocket at the launch site, exposed to the elements. However, this is far from guaranteed as the forecast for Ian’s position by the middle of next week remains highly uncertain.

NASA cancels Artemis I launch attempt but delays roll back decision 145630_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind

Five-day forecast for Tropical Storm Ian as of 11 am ET (15:00 UTC) on Saturday. National Hurricane Center
As of the latest forecast from the Miami-based National Hurricane Center, Ian is expected to strike the west coast of Florida as a major hurricane on Wednesday or Thursday. NASA’s facilities at Kennedy Space Center remain in the “cone of uncertainty” published by the hurricane center. However, this cone is far from infallible—the center moves outside the cone in about one of every three forecasts, and hurricane impacts typically extend far beyond the storm’s center. Additionally, on the current hurricane center track, NASA’s facilities would lie on the “dirty” side of the storm, where stronger winds and heavier rains are likely to occur.

The good news is that NOAA aircraft will be gathering data from inside, and the environment surrounding Ian, today to inform the overnight forecast model runs. In addition, if the storm’s center becomes better defined that will add confidence to the forecast by Sunday morning.

https://nworeport.me/2022/09/25/nasa-cancels-artemis-i-launch-attempt-but-delays-roll-back-decision/

Thanks to: https://nworeport.me

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum