OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD…

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD…

abc_garden_jail_nt_110711_wg
A College Park couple’s vegetable garden is on the chopping block again after the city threatened fines if they don’t uproot it by Thursday, according to the Institute for Justice Florida Chapter. Jason and Jennifer Helvenston are launching “Plant a Seed, Change the Law,” a protest of Orlando’s law, which they say violates their constitutional right to peacefully use their property to grow their own food. In November, Local 6 broke the story about the controversial garden after the city told the Helvenstons their 25-by-25-foot front yard vegetable garden was not in compliance with the city’s code.

After hundreds of emails supporting the couple flowed in and initially allowing the Helvenstons to keep their garden, saying it will hold off on violations, the city has since asked the couple to uproot the garden and replace it with a lawn or face fines. ”The greatest freedom you can give someone is the freedom to know they will not go hungry,” said Jason Helvenston. “Our Patriot Garden pays for all of its costs in healthy food and lifestyle while having the lowest possible carbon footprint. It supplies valuable food while being attractive. I really do not understand why there is even a discussion. They will take our house before they take our Patriot Garden.”  According to Ari Bargil, an attorney for the Institute for Justice, the Helvenstons have a scheduled inspection and will be fined starting on Thursday, up to $500 a day.

“We are seriously interested in taking a look at this,” Bargil said, when asked if the firm would be suing the city of Orlando. “We’re focused on helping the Helvenstons get the word out, encouraging the city to reach a sensible compromise here.” Local 6 has reached out to the city of Orlando for comment, but has not received a response. ”We are asking residents across Orlando and the country to join us in planting a ‘Patriot Garden’ in their own front yards,” said Jennifer Helvenston.  “Please email us at patriotgarden@gmail.com and we will send you a free packet of radish seeds and a small sign for your front yard that says ‘Patriot Garden:  Plant a Seed, Change the Law.’” Source

Thanks to: http://endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com

terbo56

terbo56

They started this shit with the family a few months back- The local law enforcement is a bunch of assholes, and if It doesn't benefit them, they want no part of it- Florida is one state that is known for harrassing people, and that shit is about to end, too-They aren't making any MONEY from someone elses labor, that's all this is about-

Anonymous

Jennifer & Jason R fighting their battle for freedom in their own front yard- Kudos 2 them!!

Anonymous

I have some friends in Orlando and I sent them information about this insanity awhile ago. They wrote back that they agreed with the city because vegetable gardens lower the value of all homes in the neighborhood. Here's what we should do with them: beam me up

First off, all the values of the homes in Florida are already in the toilet. Second, many Florida communities and the people in them are much more concerned with appearances than reality, there are way more golf courses than there are farms. (And before I get Terbs going at me, I was born and raised in Florida so I get to say this.) So you see what these poor folks are up against. Of course it's totally fine if you want to plant orange trees, grapefruit, mango, lemons, limes, banana, papaya or any other kind of edible tree or shrub, no one says a word. How stupid is that? These folks would probably do themselves a favor by disguising their garden with a few fruit trees and vines.

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Well I've never heard of anything more bloody ridiculous! People in our cities grow veges on the footpaths if they don't have enough room in their gardens!! How can a vee garden lower property value? It's bullshit I say! CITY TO START FINING FAMILY $500 PER DAY FOR GROWING GARDEN IN YARD… 2071176553

terbo56

terbo56

Ravensmoon- I see this everyday, and there are literally hundreds of thousands of people that have citrus trees in their front yard, so I see no illegal 'reason' that homeowners cannot grow a vegetable garden on their proprerty- These people only want to help rectify a situation that the shitty 'CITY of ORLANDO' does not want to bother with- There are homeless street urchins and military vets living in tent cities near parks in this shameful city, {and yes, I have seen these poor people getting arrested, only for a plate of mashed potatoes and a hamburger} because these politicians don't want them around{because it looks bad to tourists that spend money here to help the economy}And will not help the homeless one lick- Actually, the truth be known, I am fucking ashamed to be a resident of the idiotic state of Florida and will move as soon as funds allow- There is no need whatsoever of ANY state treating their residents the way they do, ESPECIALLY in Florida-I take my hat of to those who see a need and a problem, and to be humbled by it enough to want to do something to make others feel good about it-The city of Orlando ought to be ashamed of them selves, and I really hope they feel good about what they are doing, and you know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot, they'd be doing the same thing-They need their asses kicked severely-And Ravensmoon- No worries- You've said nothing that wasn't true- It's all good!! ;) :cheers:

Anonymous

Nanneerose, yes, it's 100% bullshit. There are people who think rules are extremely important no matter how stupid they are. Many of these dolts coagulate in Florida. I have seen signs on beaches that read:

NO
Swimming
Surfing
Diving
Snorkeling
Drinking
Eating
Sleeping
Dogs
Frisbees

This is a BEACH for Christ's sake!

Anonymous

Terbs, I don't know how long you've been in Florida but when I was little it was a beauteous place. I actually knew real Seminoles and had a pet bobcat. I blame the inventor of air conditioning for ruining it. My parents moved to the Everglades in 1948 but once A/C came along the whole state went to hell fast. My father traveled all over the state for his job and I went with him in the summer when I was out of school. I knew every nook and cranny of the state like it was my own playground. I loved it until the dredges and the rules and the cranks showed up and just took over. There are still pockets of amazing beauty, my best friend lives on an island on the west coast that you can't get to except by boat and it's totally off-the-grid Old Florida, but these places are few and far between now. Maybe with global warming they'll all move back north and leave you to your garden.

terbo56

terbo56

Reminds me of the Clint Eastwood movie, 'Every which way but Loose', when he takes his monkey Clyde to a zoo where there is a female monkey waiting for him after Clint helps Clyde over the fence, He said, 'remember Clyde, No pissin, no shittin, no fartin, AND NO pickin' yer ass'! It is true Ravensmoon- I did say Florida is fucked up-The only garden I have at my place, is a small flower garden, with my "G' scale model trains running around it- I have NO vegetable garden- Somehow, you made that sound wrong IF I did have one- :twisted:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum