OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

APRIL 8, 2013
Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity

The snowball is picking up speed and the rats are abandoning ship. BIG change is in the wind. Too many metaphors, but you get the picture.

What would it take for this guy to walk away from his ten million dollar a year salary? Do you believe his reason? There have been some very colourful excuses from many well-known figures for absences from the public eye this year. Everything is spun.

The “church” is under close scrutiny now thanks to Kevin Annett and his tribunal court case, and Billy Graham and others are running scared as “religion” is exposed for what it really is.

Reblogged from Lightworker 29501 – thanks so much for sharing!

Houston, Texas – CNN.com – April 2, 2013 – In a shocking and surprising development, megachurch pastor Joel Osteen has announced he is resigning from his post and leaving the Christian faith.

In a statement released on his website (http://www.joelostenministries.com), which appeared stripped down and bare, he said he has been questioning the faith for a long time. “I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times.

Houston, Texas – CNN.com – April 2, 2013 – In a shocking and surprising development, megachurch pastor Joel Osteen has announced he is resigning from his post and leaving the Christian faith.

In a statement released on his website (http://www.joelostenministries.com), which appeared stripped down and bare, he said he has been questioning the faith for a long time. “I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God,” said Osteen.

The reaction across the Christian world ranged from shock to grief to anger. “I can’t believe it,” said Jolene McCormack, of Austin, Texas, “he’s the last person I would expect to defect to atheism.”

Some of his parishioners at his Lakewood, Texas area megachurch expressed anger. “We’ve given him so much, and now he’s leaving us?” said Jim Burger, 65, a ten-year member of the church. “We won’t stand for it.”

In recent months, Osteen had demonstrated a willingness to deviate from Christian doctrine, often peppering his sermons with “New Age” references and at one point calling himself “God”.

The incident occurred in February and created a local uproar. Halfway through his morning Sunday service he dropped to his knees and began crying, and then announced, “I am God! I am just as much a God as our Lord is!” The 10,000 members in attendance appeared stunned. Osteen later released an apology, and blamed the outburst on a lack of sleep due to his busy travel schedule.

With Osteen’s departure, the church is left with a gaping hole in its leadership. A press release prepared by the church claimed Osteen is experiencing a “mental breakdown” and seemed to suggest they are unwilling to accept his resignation. “We won’t put up with this,” a congregation leader said off the record. “This guy’s made millions off of us, we’re not going to let him just take our money. We know his net worth is in upwards of $50 million.”

In the church parking lot on Sunday, a crowd gathered to hold a prayer vigil. “We’ll pray for him. He’s come under the influence of the Devil,” said Margaret Samson, a twelve-year member of the church. “We will go on. But we need him. We can’t do this without him.”

Note that our main site, due to heavy traffic, is experiencing intermittent lapses in service. You may read Pastor Joel’s full statement here.

Source

Share this:
Thanks to: http://2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com

Anonymous

This is really, really funny. It's Tammy Faye Faker Redux!

Great quote: "He's made millions off us! We won't let him leave!" and you thought religion was about God. How silly.

This is my favorite though: He "defected to atheism." ... yep, and he's taking his $50 million and going straight to Barbados. What a bunch of suckers!

angels77

angels77

I read on the internet that this was a hoax...

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

I've never heard of Joel Osteen anyway.

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

That's a lovely avatar angels77!

angels77

angels77

Thanks, nanneerose!

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

:athuup: Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘Lack of Faith’, Leaves Christianity 3366453380

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Yep! Thanks angels... it is a hoax!!

11:20 AM ET
Elaborate hoax: No, Joel Osteen has not renounced his faith
By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) - Joel Osteen, the popular megachurch pastor from Houston, is the target of an Internet hoax that falsely reported the Christian leader was leaving his church and renouncing his faith.

On a website designed to mimic Osteen’s official website, the pranksters posted “A special message from Pastor Joel.” The post describes the Bible as “a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times” and announces that Osteen plans to leave his Lakewood Church.

Osteen and church staff labeled the website a fraud and said the idea that he was leaving the faith was a "false rumor."

According to the website's registration, Lucas Skass with BMG Enterprises LLC, who lists his residence in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, purchased the domain name on April 1 of this year – April Fools Day.

Calls to the number listed for Skass, as well as people associated with BMG Enterprises LLC, have gone unanswered.

"I am leaving the Christian faith," says a big banner near the top of the page.

In addition to the announcement, the website posted a fake screenshot of CNN.com that included a falsified headline about Osteen’s supposed decision. The pranksters also launched an associated Twitter account that has since been suspended.

The website – http://www.joelostenministries.com/ – spells Osteen’s name wrong and comes with an elaborate disclaimer.

“This site is the property of Pastor Joel Osten and Joel Osten Ministries. It bears no relation to ‘Joel Osteen’ or ‘Lakewood Church,’" the disclaimer reads. “Any implication or relation to 'Joel Osteen' and the 'Lakewood Church' is purely coincidental. 'Joel Osteen' is not in any way involved or related to this site and references to 'Joel Osteen' are, again, entirely coincidental.”

In an interview with ABC News, Osteen dismissed the prank.

“You know, I’m really not angry. I don’t feel like a victim,” Osteen said. “I feel too blessed, that life is too short to let things like this get you down.”

He continued: “You can’t stop everything from happening, but you can choose to say, ‘God, it’s in your hands.’ I’m going to move forward. I’m going stay full of joy and I’m going to enjoy this day.”

A spokesman for Osteen told CNN that he and the church are not planning any legal action at the moment.

Though Osteen dismissed the hoax, many on Twitter fell for it and were shocked by the announcement.

Thanks to: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/

Anonymous

Oh rats. I sure got taken in on this. I guess from now on we have to wait a few days before believing anything just to make sure it's not another Sandy Hoax.

Anonymous

Thanks Prpl 4 giving us the skinny on this one. ☀

Joel is an awesome soul; I have his book: Your Best Life Now 7 Steps to Living at your full potential

they say mimicing is a form of flattery....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum