April 25, 2015 Ines Radman Uncategorized
Do you drink bottled water to stay hydrated? Grabbing bottled water is easy, but the chemicals are harsh on your body.
Everyone needs water to stay hydrated and keep their bodies running. Our bodies are made up of 70 to 80 percent water, so we need water to stay alive. Drinking bottled water is easy enough because they are easy to grab on the go and sip on the way to work. But, the chemicals, which are in bottled water and even tap water can be harmful to your health.
Drinking alkaline water provides you with great hydration and other health benefits. Other health benefits include:
1. Antioxidant properties: Alkaline water has antioxidant properties that can counteract free radicals that can cause premature aging and other conditions. It is also believed that drinking alkaline water can prevent cancer.
2. Cleansing features: drinking alkaline water also cleanses the organs in the body; specifically the colon. When the colon gets built up with toxins, they become poisonous to the body and alkaline water cleanses those toxins from the body. Keeping the colon clean and free of toxins will help you decrease the chances of getting stomach viruses, flu’s, colds, and other common illnesses.
3. Physical appearance: alkaline water rejuvenates the skin and keeps it hydrated. It aids the skin in replacing tissues and contributes to the elasticity in the skin. Drinking alkaline water also helps you to lose weight because the alkaline helps the body break down fatty acids in the body.
So, drinking alkaline water has its benefits, but buying it can be pretty costly. Instead of buying alkaline water, you can just make it yourself. Try using this recipe to make your alkaline water.
- Full pitcher of filtered water
- Two organic lemons
- Two tablespoons of pink Himalayan salt
1. Fill your pitch with your filtered water
2. Cut your lemons into quarters and add them to the pitcher (make sure not to squeeze them)
3. Add the salt
4. Let the mixture sit overnight at room temperature
5. Your alkaline water is ready to drink! Enjoy!
Thanks to Ines at: https://wearelightbeings.wordpress.com