OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer

Posted on July 22, 2020 by jilldennison 

Okay, grab your tissues … oh, you’ve run out?  No worries … I always have a spare box … and let’s find some good people to lift our spirits …
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Box-of-tissues2

Tiny Superhero
Our first good people this week is six-year-old Bridger Walker from Cheyenne, Wyoming.  Bridger and his younger sister were visiting a friend on July 9th, playing in the backyard where there were a couple of dogs.  The friend pointed to one of the dogs and told them that one, a year-old German Shepherd, was mean.  No more were the words out of his mouth than the dog headed straight for Bridger’s sister, fangs bared and ready to attack.
What happened next is what has earned Bridger top billing in this week’s good people post … he stepped in front of his sister, yelled at her to run, and shielded her while the dog attacked him.  And this was the result …Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Bridger-1

90 stitches later, Bridger is back home and healing, and he has been inundated with well-wishes from celebrities such as Mark Ruffalo, who plays Bruce Banner and The Hulk in the Avengers movies …
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Bridger-3
He has also received messages of support from such people as actress Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman and others.  Anne Hathaway wrote …
“I’m not an Avenger, but I know a superhero when I see one. I can only hope I’m half as brave in my life as you are in yours, Bridger. Wishing you an easeful recovery, and many cool looking rocks.”
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Bridger-2

When asked by his aunt what made him step in front of his sister and risk his own life, he replied quite simply …
“If someone was going to die, I thought it should be me.”
This kid is already a ‘good people’ in my book, and a superhero to boot!
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Bridger-4

Thumbs Up to the Amazon Dude …
Carlos Pagan and his wife, Denise, have a sign posted on their door to let visitors know why they cannot answer the door. Pagan was diagnosed with blood cancer in March and is currently undergoing chemotherapy.
They were expecting a package from Amazon, and the driver, Antonio, brought it one day last week, but after reading the note on the door, he turned around and left.  A short time later, he returned, and left this …
Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Antonio-1-e1595392339579The note inside the card read …Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Antonio-2And a week later, on a Sunday, Antonio returned again, even though he had no more packages to deliver to Carlos, but merely wanted to check on him and offer words of encouragement.  The two men chatted briefly through the window.Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Antonio-1-1-e1595392393372
Antonio told Carlos …
“I want you to know you’re going to be okay and you’re going to be walking soon.”
A small thing, sure, but this is the mark of a good person … one who cares enough to go a little bit out of his way.  And it meant a heck of a lot to Carlos …
“I thanked him and told him it meant a lot to me and he just said he had to do something. For someone that doesn’t even know me, to come to my window and say, ‘In a couple months, you’re going to be okay, you’re going to be up and walking,’ it was just awesome what he did. What he did was absolutely awesome.”

Christmas in July
There is a television station in Savannah, Georgia, WTOC which stands for ‘Welcome To Our Community’, and they live by that motto.  Once a week on the nightly news, they feature a ‘good people’ helping others, helping the community.  Why doesn’t every news station do that?  Anyway, this week’s featured person was about a local farmer, Roy Thompson and his family, who is helping bring good cheer and also good food to the area.
Each year at Christmas the family decorates acres of their farm and welcome people to drive or walk through their winter wonderland, all for the price of a few canned goods for the needy.  Although this is July, it’s hot, and the sun doesn’t set until around 9:00 p.m., the family has strung up much of their annual Christmas light display for people to tour this week.Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer Tmt-farms

Just like in the winter, they’re asking visitors to bring canned goods that they’re donating to local food banks.  They know charities have been overrun with requests with many people out of work due to the pandemic.  Says Thompson …
“We actually wanted to do a combination of things. One is the shortage of food at the food banks. The other thing that we started thinking about is giving people someplace to go.”
They thought a drive through the Christmas displays would be a fun distraction for families with so many usual venues and events closed. They turn on the lights at dark – around 9 p.m. in the summer. The Thompsons encourage only one household per vehicle, to reduce any chances of virus exposure and people to stay in the cars and not get out to walk around like they would in December. They’ve collected roughly 2,000 pounds of food so far and will keep the lights burning through Sunday. Their effort to help feed and entertain the community makes them Everyday Heroes.
Thumbs up to the Thompson family, but also to WTOC for sharing good news about good people in their community!

A Hero Critter …
And last, but not least, there is Morocho, the Dogo Argentino, who saved the lives of two young girls.  The girls had climbed a fig tree to pick figs when they saw a puma nearby. They sprinted back to their farm as the puma chased close behind.  Morocho was with them and he fought off the puma as the girls screamed for help. Their father came running and found his beloved dog badly injured and a lifeless puma.Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer MorochoOver the next 10 days Morocho was nursed back to health, but he still bears the scars from that day.

Well, there you have it, folks … a lot of good people (and a critter) doing small things that make this world just a little bit nicer place to be.

https://jilldennison.com/2020/07/22/good-people-doing-good-things-making-the-world-a-little-bit-nicer/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Making The World A Little Bit Nicer 2081680901

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum