OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa

Posted on October 14, 2020 by jilldennison

This morning I have only one ‘good people’ story to share with you, but I think you’ll agree that this one is priceless, deserving of its own post.
One of my pet peeves, as many of you already know, is people with great wealth.  What pleasure is there in having millions or billions of dollars sitting around doing nothing but earning more money.  I have very little use for the wealthy, especially those who give nothing, do nothing to help those less fortunate.  So, it was with great joy that I read about Freddie and Lisa Thomas-McMillan.  This couple own a restaurant, Drexell & Honeybee’s, in downtown Brewton, Alabama near the Florida border.  What makes them special?  According to their website …
When you enter Drexell & Honeybee’s in downtown Brewton, Alabama, you’ll walk past booths and four-tops full of cornbread, fried chicken, and collard greens. The one thing you won’t find is a checkout register. To owners Lisa and Freddie Thomas-McMillan, food is about the joy of serving others. And that doesn’t come with a price tag.
Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa Drexell-honeybees-e1602646717450

In fact, there’s only one rule: ‘Everybody eats.’ From Tuesday through Thursday, 11 A.M. – 1 P.M., Drexell & Honeybee’s serves up hot plates to hungry on-comers from all walks of life, whether you can pay for it or not. There are no suggested prices, in fact, no prices of any kind. When you are done with your meal, you simply leave whatever you can – a handful of coins, a generous donation, a hand-written note, or a heartfelt ‘Thank You’. But when you leave, you do so with a full stomach, a full heart, and the understanding that you are loved and worthy of love. You can find soul food all over Alabama. But you won’t find a meal that fills you up quite like this one.
Freddie and Lisa make no profit from their restaurant. 100% of the donations go back into serving people food. So, what do they get from all this? Joy.Good People Doing Good Things — Freddie & Lisa Drexells-store-front-main-photo-1-scaled-1

Lisa’s always had a big heart. Through the years, she’s run a food bank. She’s opened her home to the needy. She says it may have started in second grade when she learned a powerful lesson about sharing from a little girl who always had a better sandwich, but shared it happily with Lisa in a daily trade for some of her peanut butter and jelly.
“‘Feed the Need’ is our mission statement. Whatever needs people have, if we can help them… we will.  When my husband and I opened, we agreed to put a portion of our retirement back into the running of the restaurant… as you can imagine donations are down (due to the pandemic), but we will continue to try and be of service to all the people that come to our door.”
Now, I’m going to ask that you take the 7 minutes to watch this video … I guarantee that you will be glad you did, and that you will fall in love with Lisa!  Oh … and grab your box of tissues before you start … you will need them.

https://youtu.be/PGoDB10RZYU

I give two thumbs-up to Freddie and Lisa … these two people are giving of themselves to do for others … these, my friends, are truly good people.

https://jilldennison.com/2020/10/14/good-people-doing-good-things-freddie-lisa/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum