OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People

Posted on March 18, 2021 by jilldennison 

All three of this week’s ‘good people’ have earned thumbs-up for doing something to help feed people.  Let’s take a look …

Meet Doramise Moreau, a woman with a heart of gold.  Doramise is a widow, 60 years of age, who works part-time as a janitor at a technical school in Miami, Florida.  She usually walks to work or takes the bus because she does not own a car.  Doramise doesn’t have much in the way of money, but she still gives more to her community than most people.  What does she do?  She cooks.  Correction … she cooks over a thousand meals every week to feed the hungry in her community.

Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People Doramise-moreau

Every Thursday and Friday, Moreau borrows her church’s truck to buy groceries. Notre Dame d’Haiti Catholic Church pays for the food, relying on donations. Moreau then prepares the meals singlehandedly, while church volunteers serve or deliver them to people in need.  Says Ms. Moreau …
“Americans, Spanish, Haitian, they come here.  Even when I’m closing, they say, ‘Please, can I have some,’ and I give it to them, because if they go home and have nothing it hurts my feelings.”
Don’t you just want to hug this woman?  Despite her limited salary, she also feeds people back home in her little village north of Port-au-Prince in Haiti. She sends food pallets monthly to her sisters and brother, nieces, nephews and neighbors.
Now, I said at the beginning that Doramise doesn’t own a car, but that’s not quite true, for last week Ms. Moreau was surprised with a new Toyota Corolla by community leaders!  Take a look …

https://youtu.be/tk_Gm0HLZN4

In Baltimore, Maryland, there is a restaurant named Ekiben, owned by Steve Chu and friends Ephrem Abebe and Nikhil Yesupriya.  The restaurant is known in the Fells Point neighborhood for its Taiwanese-influenced cuisine in a fast casual environment.  Recently Steve Chu got his opportunity to be a ‘good people’.
A customer of Ekiben reached out to the restaurant after he learned that his mother-in-law’s health had taken a turn for the worse.
He explained …
“My mother-in-law lives in Vermont and would visit my wife and her sister throughout the years. Whenever she was in town, Ekiben’s tempura broccoli was something she always needed to have. She always joked that when she’s on her death bed that if there’s anything in the world, she wants tempura broccoli from Ekiben.”
Turns out his mother-in-law is, in fact, on her death bed now, dying of stage 4 lung cancer, so …
“The drive to Vermont is 6 hours and tempura broccoli obviously will not taste the same after the long ride. I reached out to Ekiben’s owners to see if there was a way for us to either get the recipe or some of the ingredients to bring up and cook it for her.
The response I received is still overwhelming.
Steve Chu replied, ‘Thanks for reaching out. Ephrem and I are more than willing to meet you guys in Vermont and make the food fresh so it will be just like what she remembered.’
I’m still in disbelief that they would go to such lengths.”

Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People Ekiben

Steve and Ephrem did as promised, and refused to accept any money for their gas, lodging, or the food they provided.

Rhonda Lee of Jackson Country, West Virginia, has made a big difference during this pandemic by starting a food pantry in her own basement.
Ms. Lee began in the early days of the pandemic taking money out of her own pay checks to create a food pantry for those in need …
“Some weeks it was 200, some weeks 100.”

Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People Rhonda-lee

When Lee was laid off in June, she continued the pantry going with the money she had saved.  How many people do you know who would do that?  Lee says she has strived to find ways to give back to the community after others helped her when she lost everything in a flash flood in 1995.
“I know what it’s like to get up one day and everything’s gone. They helped me, and I’m in a position, I’m gonna help others.”
Lee says she helps anyone, no matter the circumstances. She even goes the extra mile and drops the boxes of food off herself.
“We don’t tell people ‘no’. We just say ‘how can we help?’, ‘what do you need?'”

There are a few essentials to keep people alive, and no, an i-phone isn’t one of them.  Food, water, shelter … that’s about it.  Today’s good people all went the extra mile, giving of their time and money to make sure people had the first of those essentials and they all deserve a big …

Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People Thumbs

https://jilldennison.com/2021/03/18/good-people-doing-good-things-feeding-people/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

mistryj7 likes this post

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

bigclap Good People Doing Good Things — Feeding People 1678225693

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum