OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

godsfool713

godsfool713

http://www.theprogressivemind.info/?p=86306

OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters

The Obama Administration is not being completely straight with us when it comes to the Occupy protests. A growing body of documentation suggests that the Department of Homeland Security is deeply involved in coordinating surveillance of protesters–and maybe more.

::::::::

Remember the Occupy Movement? Since last November, when the NYPD closed the Zuccotti Park encampment in downtown Manhattan –the Movement’s birthplace and symbolic nexus–Occupy’s relevance has seriously dwindled, at least as measured by coverage in the mainstream media. We’re told that this erosion is due to Occupy’s own shortcomings–an inevitable outcome of its disjointed message and decentralized leadership.

While that may be the media’s take, the U.S. Government seems to have a different view.

If recent documents obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) are any indication, the Occupy Movement continues to bemonitored and curtailed in a nationwide, federally-orchestrated campaign, spearheaded by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

In response to repeated Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests by the Fund, made on behalf of filmmaker Michael Moore and the National Lawyers Guild, the DHS released a revealing set of documents in April. But the latest batch, made public on May 3rd, exposes the scale of the government’s “attention” to Occupy as never before.

The documents, many of which are partially blacked-out emails, demonstrate a surprising degree of coordination between the DHS’s National Operations Center (NOC) and local authorities in the monitoring of the Occupy movement. Cities implicated in this wide-scale snooping operation include New York, Oakland, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Denver, Boston, Portland, Detroit, El Paso, Houston, Dallas, Seattle, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

Interest in the Occupy protesters was not limited to DHS and local law enforcement authorities. The most recently released correspondence contains Occupy-related missives between the DHS and agencies at all levels of government, including the Mayor of Portland, regional NOC “fusion centers,” the General Services Administration (GSA), the Pentagon’s USNORTHCOM (Northern Command), and the White House. Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Executive Director of the PCJF, contends that the variety and reach of the organizations involved point to the existence of a larger, more pervasive domestic surveillance network than previously suspected. ….

OpEdNews - Diary: I Spy An Occupy: Obama’s DHS Surveils Legit Protesters.

Herb Lady

Herb Lady

Thanks godsfool713!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum