Posted on Jan 22nd, 2016
- the holy grail shugborough
- Universe Explorers
One of the most popular theories is that the strange sequence of letters – OUOSVAVV, framed at either end by DM – was left as a clue to the whereabouts of the legendary Holy Grail which allegedly hold the secret to esoteric knowledge including immortality. According to the legend, the code was created by the Knights Templars, the fanatical military unit that led the slaughter of the crusades.
Countless individuals have tried to crack the code, including famous historical giants, Charles Dickens and Charles Darwin, but every single one has failed to provide a tangible and agreeable interpretation.
The Anson brothers are reputedly associated with Freemasonry and the Priory of Sion. The priory also claimed links to the Knights Templar and they believed that Jesus was not a divine figure but rather just an enlightened one. Researchers believe that Jesus had esoteric knowledge that could be discovered if this code is cracked.
Other theories, according to historicmysteries.com can be summed up as follows;
- Admiral George Anson, famous for his circumnavigation of the globe, possibly encrypted an acrostic of a brief poem in Latin to the memory of his late wife. This verse translates into English as: “Best of wives, best of sisters, a most devoted widower dedicates to your virtues.”
- Another attempt to solve the riddle posits that the letters are acrostics in Latin for particular biblical verses.
- Others have suggested that the letters represent initials of noteworthy residents of Shugborough Hall and its environs.
- A standard of many mysteries, it has been suggested that the letters, once decoded, will tell the location of the Holy Grail.
- Someone has speculated that the code is actually in the Norwegian language, and that attempts to use Latin or English to crack the code are futile.
- And there have been many that believe that the inscription does not represent letters at all, but is actually a string of numbers.
Below you can view one of the newest and credible theories to date, by a former NSA code breaker, Dr. Keith Massey;
And here you can watch a documentary on the mysterious and legendary Holy Grail;
Thanks to: http://www.ewao.com