OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet

Posted by Lou on December 5, 2016

A decision to deny permission for the contentious Dakota Access Pipeline to be built under a Missouri River reservoir near the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation was cause for celebration, but it seems unlikely protesters will leave the site where they have been entrenched for months anytime soon.
Source: ‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet – World – CBC News
CBC News
By Angela Johnson
Dec 5, 2016

‘I don’t think a lot of us think that it’s done’: Protesters not packing up just yet

‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet North-dakota-pipeline2
People celebrate that the Army Corps of Engineers has denied an easement for the Dakota Access Pipeline inside of the Oceti Sakowin camp as demonstrations continue to protest plans to pass the Dakota Access pipeline adjacent to the Standing Rock Indian Reservation. (Stephanie Keith/Reuters)
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet Water-is-life_frame_1681
  ‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet Standing-rock-song_frame_232
 All is dark at the Oceti Sakowin camp in southern North Dakota, but there is a cacophony of hammering and a couple of lanterns lighting a small work site.
Joel Maurer, a tiny house carpenter from California, gets set to hoist a piece of plywood, explaining this will soon be a new cabin and meeting room for a prominent chief at the camp.
With a decision Sunday by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to deny permission for the contentious Dakota Access Pipeline to pass under a reservoir of the Missouri River, one might expect people to pack up and head home, mission accomplished.
But as this construction site demonstrates, some say they’re doing just the opposite.
“Any little victory is wonderful,” said Maurer, “But they’ve got money. They’ve got lawyers.”
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet Standing-rock-kasto
Winona Kasto says despite a decision by the Army not to grant an easement under Lake Oahe, she plans to keep praying and being mindful of future moves of the Dakota Access Pipeline. (Angela Johnston/CBC)
Maurer is speaking of Energy Transfer Partners, the company behind the multi-billion dollar pipeline from North Dakota to Illinois.
The pipeline is largely complete, aside from the section that passes underneath the reservoir.
Those opposed to the pipeline have long said they are concerned that drinking water and sacred sites could be contaminated.
Late Sunday, the company called the Army decision a “purely political action,” blaming the Obama administration and saying it has no plans to re-route.
“I don’t think a lot of us think that it’s done, you know?” said Maurer. “For all I know, it’s just another ploy to get us out of here.”
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet North-dakota-pipeline3
Fireworks explode above the Oceti Sakowin camp after the Army Corps of Engineers denied an easement for the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline to pass adjacent to the Standing Rock Indian Reservation, near Cannon Ball, N.D. (Lucas Jackson/Reuters)

‘Pure joy’ over Sunday’s decision

Winona Kasto says she cried when she heard the news.
“We won,” she said. “We won.”
Watch below: Protester explains opposition to plans to pass the Dakota Access pipeline adjacent to the Standing Rock reservation.

‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet Not-our-land-clip_frame_1939
 Kasto, who is from Cheyenne River Sioux tribe, runs a popular kitchen at Oceti Sakowin, which serves up traditional food such as deer soup and fry bread. On Sunday, she estimates she fed about 1,000 people.
Of the decision she said, “When we heard it, oh man, everyone just stopped doing what they were doing and it was joy, pure joy.”
She too remains suspicious of the pipeline, and is not packing it in just yet.
“I’m here until they’re done so whatever decisions happen, I’m going to be here.”
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet Standing-rock-camp
Construction continues at the Oceti Sakowin camp near the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in southern North Dakota, despite a decision by the Army on Sunday to not grant permission for a pipeline to cross under a river nearby, a move pipeline opponents see as a victory. (Angela Johnston/CBC)
While it is not yet clear when or if people here might leave the site where they have been entrenched for months, it appeared Standing Rock Sioux tribal chairman Dave Archambault at least opened the door yesterday to winding down the camp.
“With this decision we look forward to being able to return home and spend the winter with our families and loved ones,” he said.
Another question floating around the camp is what happens with Donald Trump becomes president.
“He came out in support of the pipeline, I believe, so we’ll see what happens,” said Maurer.
But for now, others are just soaking in a feeling of accomplishing what they set out to do.
Dominique Bouchard, 23, said she felt a synchronization with everyone in the camp the moment the decision became apparent.
“I finally feel like I can die happy. Like I’ve made a difference in the world.”
‘I’m here until they’re done’: Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet Gfx-map-standing-rock-dakota-access-protest-key-areas1
(CBC NEWS)

Thanks to Lou at: https://talesfromtheloublog.wordpress.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum