OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RamblerNash

RamblerNash

Meta 1 Coin (Possible Fake Crypto)

Herbdacious
Herbdacious  Confirmed15 days ago
So I know I have seen more than a few threads about Cryptos a while back when there was a big boom, which leads me to believe there are a few users on .net that are in the know with cryptocurrencies. I would really like some help and a second opinion on a coin.

So my boss I have been working for a few months, keeps going on and on about this "crypto" meta 1 coin. It sounded fishy right off the bat. For one, he claims it is backed by gold and fine art (which is ridiculous, I am no expert but art usually isn't an investment to my knowledge, and crypto's aren't generally "backed" by anything). I just kept brushing it off, and it kept coming up. Last weekend he drove from NC to Newark to go to a "conference", claimed he met the owner, I am pretty sure got brainwashed, and although he owns some of the coin he claims it is "going public" soon and going to blow up. I feel like this sounds like an obvious scam to anyone who knows even a little bit about this stuff. I did some google searching on it and there were many accusations of it being a scam. People saying they are going to report them to the SEC. Also the way he talks about it since this conference really makes it seem like a scam because he (and his fiance) are really into it and truly think they are going to get rich.

Idk maybe I am just being a pessimist, but between the google reads on it, the crazy claims they make about how much they are worth, the backed by fine art and gold, the fact he thinks he met "the owner" idk it all seems fishy to me. They claim they have Van Gough's and Picassos, something like 1 Billion in gold bonds. They claim they own a fine art forensics lab. Idk it sounds crazy for a coin no one has ever heard of. Also they have youtube videos and they all have like 200 views...

The worst part is I don't mind bursting his bubble to help him out, but he's such a know it all I don't think he would listen anyway. I don't even think this is a real coin at all. And I feel bad. He has offered to buy some for me to put away and wants to do that for other people he wants to help out. Idk half of me feels like I am being ridiculous, and half of me feels like I need to tell him ASAP.

~~~~~

1000_barefoot_children
1000_barefoot_children  Confirmed15 days ago
Definitely sounds like a scam to me, or at the very least someone trying to get enough money invested into their own crypto to make it more viable to be traded with the intention of it growing. Crypto isn’t backed by anything and is only as valuable as the market dictates.

Edit: yeah, one google search says that this is a scam. Tell your friend that if he wants to invest in actual crypto’s, he should look into ones that are already publicly traded. Follow the price action and buy small amounts when it dips. Build a position and pull some profit when it takes off again, rinse and repeat.
Last edited Aug-02, 06:35 PM EDT

~~~~~

Jempphan
Jempphan  Confirmed15 days ago
If something sounds too good to be true...

~~~~~

chumprock
chumprock 15 days ago
Scamcoin sounds scammy

~~~~~

ucpete
Admin ucpete  Confirmed15 days ago
100% scam. He might not listen to you but you should at least tell him it’s a scam.

They claim to have trillions of dollars in assets and a gold mine, but it’s just a known con artist in Sedona.

You ever been to Sedona? It’s weird as hell, and they claim to have “spiritual vortexes” there due to an abnormal “energy field.”

It’s not even a good scam. Not even a whiff of legitimacy around it.

~~~~~

timkell
timkell  Confirmed15 days ago
If he's the owner of the business you work for, you may want to update the ole resume. Hoping for his sake he doesn't get to carried away, but you may not want your livelihood linked to him if he's poring business supporting cash into something like this.

~~~~~

leroy
Admin leroy  Confirmed15 days ago
@ucpete said:
It’s weird as hell, and they claim to have “spiritual vortexes” there due to an abnormal “energy field.”
ucpete says (about Meta1 Coin): "100% scam" Some_of_that_shit_walk_hard

~~~~~

Herbdacious
Herbdacious  Confirmed15 days ago
@timkell said:
If he's the owner of the business you work for, you may want to update the ole resume. Hoping for his sake he doesn't get to carried away, but you may not want your livelihood linked to him if he's poring business supporting cash into something like this.
Well yes he is the owner of the business, but to be clear the business is the two of us painting houses lol. Basically I do all the work and he finds the jobs and helps me out a little bit. So what he does with his money isn't really a big effect to me, my pay is usually straight from the job more or less.

I am going to have to tell him, it bothers me I haven't told him yet. It's just he has this complex with me. He's about 10 years older and thinks he's never wrong. I have already told him, look I have never heard of this coin and I bought bitcoin at $75 a piece (and wasted it on SR lol, this lack of foresight is why I completely ignore crypto now). I also told him the first few times he brought it up that Ripple XRP would probably be a wise investment (thought I haven't looked into it in some time)

I don't want to offend him or make him feel dumb, but I also don't want to see him get screwed over. People that prey on ignorant people like this deserve to be locked up, especially when they use lies to do it.

My boss is a pain in my ass, but he is a very good person. This is just messed up. I have been waiting for the talk about it to just fade out, but since he drove 10 or 12 hours to a conference last weekend is when it really started to worry me.

~~~~~

troglodyte
troglodyte  Confirmed15 days ago
Wow. You bought BT at $75 and spend it on droogs?
[Spoiler]

Regret is a serious downer.

~~~~~

1000_barefoot_children
1000_barefoot_children  Confirmed15 days ago
@troglodyte said:
[Spoiler]

Spent*

~~~~~

troglodyte
troglodyte  Confirmed14 days ago
@1000_barefoot_children said:
@troglodyte said:
[Spoiler]

Spent*
First cup coffee post.

Whatevs, dont be jealous bc I currently possess a number on my laptop worth .008 BTC!

https://forum.phish.net/forum/show/1378519335

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum