OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry

Posted on April 27, 2022 by jilldennison 

This week’s good people are a varied batch, ranging from the young to the old to the four-footed heroes of the day!

George Tindale, age 15, lives with his mom and dad in Newark, Nottinghamshire (that’s in the UK), and his hobby is magnet fishing, or hunting for treasure buried in rivers, ponds and oceans with a large magnet.  About three weeks ago, George and his dad, Kevin, were scouring the River Witham in Grantham, Lincolnshire, when they hit the jackpot – a safe containing thousands of dollars!
Inside the small safe was a pouch containing $2,500 colorful Australian dollars (around $1,800 US), and also a certificate and expired bank cards that provided information about the safe’s owner, Rob Everett of Grantham.  George and his dad contacted Rob, then made the trip to return that which had been stolen from him during a burglary in 2000.
Rob was so impressed with their honesty that he even offered George a job!
“I was just amazed that they’d been able to track me down. There are some really nice and good people in this world. They could have kept the money, they could have said they attempted to get hold of me. They wanted to return the contents and the goods to the rightful owners and I think that says a lot about humanity… to go to all that trouble.”

Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry George-tindale

L to R:  Kev Tindale, Rob Everett and George Tindale.

Meet Ben Miller, the 9-year-old lemonade stand mogul of Idaho …

Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry Ben-miller-1

Ben started his lemonade stand back in 2019 when he was but six years old.  That year, he made $200.  In 2020, he did not open his stand due to the pandemic, but in 2021 he netted $600 – three times as much as in 2019!  But this year … this year his profits exploded to $1,150, bringing his three-year total to nearly $2,000!!!  Now, obviously either there is something mighty special about that lemonade, or about Ben!  Methinks it’s probably Ben, for Ben is one awesome young man.  Every last penny he earns from his venture is donated to the Idaho Humane Society!
It all started some years ago when Ben was visiting the Idaho Humane Society with his grandmother. “I saw that some cats didn’t have toys,” said the young entrepreneur.  And it was at that moment he decided to make a difference.  After Ben’s second year running the lemonade stand, the shelter highlighted his efforts on its social media accounts, attracting other animal lovers who sent donations to Ben via Venmo if they couldn’t stop by his lemonade stand.
Though only nine years of age, this young man already knows what it takes to be a good people: caring.  It’s that simple, my friends … people just need to care, and they’ll find a way to help.  Two thumbs up to young Ben Miller!

Those were the young, but how about the old(er)?
Retired Major Ray Ferman served in both the U.S. Army and Air Force for a total of twenty years.  But when he was discharged in 1963, he didn’t stop serving his country.
“Fortunately, I could serve my country, and when I got back, I was fortunate enough to have good health, and I could serve my community.”
Mr. Ferman returned to Sherman, Texas, after fighting for his country, and volunteered with the senior center to help deliver food for Meals on Wheels.  Today, at age 96, Ferman still continues to deliver meals to elderly people in need across Texoma.  Earlier this month, Ferman was named a hometown hero by the people of his community.  But Ferman doesn’t see himself as a hero.

Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry Ray-ferman

“I just enjoy the opportunity to be helpful. A lot of people on the routes become friends. I may not always know their last name, but I always know their first name.”

And this week’s furry hero is Mandy …

Good People Doing Good Things — Young, Old, Furry Mandy-the-cat

One night last October, Tammy York was watching movies and had fallen asleep.  Unfortunately, Tammy had left candles burning and the wax had begun to drip on the carpet that started a fire.  Tammy recalls …
“I remember the cat, Mandy, making strange noises and tugging on my nightgown. I never woke up. Then she pounced on my chest and slapped in the face with her paws. I immediately woke up and began choking due to the heavy smoke in my house! Myself and Mandy were able to escape unharmed.”
A month later, the Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department awarded a plaque to Mandy for her bravery that saved the life of her housemate, Tammy.
Hmmmm … our furry family members slap us around all the time … perhaps they are practicing for the day they get their chance to be heroes?

So, you see folks, good people come in all sizes, ages and don’t necessarily even have to be ‘people’!  It’s good to see these folks, for they remind us that there is yet hope for the world we live in.

https://jilldennison.com/2022/04/27/good-people-doing-good-things-young-old-furry/
Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum