OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
 Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts Random-acts-of-kindness

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts

Posted on March 15, 2023 by jilldennison

It’s rare that I redux a good people post, but tonight I was trying to remember when I had first started doing the ‘good people’ posts, so I went diving back through the archives.  Turns out I’ve been doing them since February 2017 — over six years!  My very first one was about Bill & Melinda Gates and their philanthropy, the second was about Mike Ilitch, founder of Little Caesar’s Pizza for his wonderful work toward helping feed those in need.  I considered reduxing one of those, for they are all worthy, but over the years I’ve leaned more toward everyday people doing good things, so I am re-playing one of my first, from March 2017, about little kids with BIG hearts!

I have been working on this post for some four hours, and thus far, this sentence is all I have.  I made several false starts … people who seemed to be philanthropists, seemed to be doing good things, but on further digging were merely collecting on other people’s altruism.  Then there were scandals with some of the people/organizations I looked into.  So, as time and energy are running on fumes at this point, and my family members who walk on all fours are determined to drive me nuts, I decided to think small tonight.  Child-sized small, in fact. Children may only be able to do small-scale deeds, but it shows us that though their bodies may be small, their hearts are big. And since these pint-sized do-gooders hold our future in their hands, it is good to see that they already have a sense of caring for others, a sense of humanity.

You are never too young to understand the value of helping others.  Second grader Phoebe Brown was running errands with her mother last week in Independence, Missouri when she came across a winning, $100 scratch-off ticket, just lying on the ground. For a fleeting moment, Phoebe admits, the thought of a spree in the toy department held a certain appeal, but it didn’t take long for her to remember that her school was having a canned food drive that week, and she ended up spending the entire $100 on canned food to donate to those less fortunate.  Her good works even inspired her dad to match every dime she spent!  At the end of the food drive, Phoebe’s class had collected 541 items of food, making them her school’s winner. As a fun reward, Phoebe and her classmates were invited to shave their gym teacher’s beard.

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts Wed-beard

A group of schoolboys in New South Wales, Australia, were about to board a bus and head home after a rugby league game when they noticed an 81-year-old gentleman moving his woodpile from the front of his home to the back, one piece at a time.  Without hesitation, the boys and their dads jumped in and moved every last piece of wood for the man.  A small gesture?  Perhaps, but it is a sign of respect and caring, a sign that these kids are being taught values and compassion.  Hats off to the rugby team at Cooma North Public School!

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts Wed-boys-woodpile

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts Jaden-sink-3

Westboro Baptist Church, best known for its intense hatred of most everything, is located on the East Side of Topeka, Kansas, directly across from Equality House, a resource center established by the non-profit group, Promoting Peace (interesting juxtaposition, don’t you think?).  Equality House and Promoting Peace is a whole story unto itself, but that will have to wait for some other Wednesday, because today’s story is about a six-year-old girl named Jaden Sink. After Jaden’s dad tried to explain to her that Westboro members promote messages of hate, Jayden decided she wanted to raise money toward spreading messages of love and peace. So Jayden opened a lemonade stand … not just any ol’ lemonade stand, but a pink lemonade stand, mind you!  And in the first day of business, she made $1,400!  I think this is proof that love sells better than hate!  By the end of that summer in 2013, Jaden had raised more than $23,000, all of which she donated to the cause of peace.
But Jaden’s story didn’t end there.  The story of Jaden’s pink lemonade stand went viral during that summer of 2013, and other children jumped happily on the bandwagon.  Today, there are some 70 stands worldwide, with all proceeds going toward Equality House’s anti-bullying initiatives.  Says Jaden, “We’re giving [the money] to the rainbow house to help people who are sick, and to help people be nice to each other.”  That’s my kind of kid!

Good People Doing Good Things – Little Kids With BIG Hearts Wed-jayden-sink

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans on August 29, 2005, it made history as one of the five deadliest hurricanes in U.S. history.  Then-10-year-old fifth-grader Talia Leman, seeing images of the destruction on the news, launched a charity urging kids to trick-or-treat for New Orleans, ultimately raising more than $10 million for the Hurricane Katrina foundation. From there, she founded RandomKid, a nonprofit that provides resources for young people who want to make a worldwide impact on any issue. Among the company’s successful efforts are reusable water bottles, which helped fund a water pump for an African village, and a push to provide crutches and artificial limbs to Haitian earthquake victims. Here is an example of a kid who started out doing small things and ended up doing some pretty big things!

Many of these stories are about small acts of kindness, but these children have the right idea, and I would not be surprised to see them make major differences in the world one of these days.  Hats off to the kids, of course, but also to their parents who have obviously taken the time to instill compassion, kindness and caring about others into the hearts of their children.

THANKS TO: https://jilldennison.com/2023/03/15/good-people-doing-good-things-little-kids-with-big-hearts-4/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum