OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV
Date: March 4, 2021Author: Nwo Report 

“This is a question about property rights,” says family’s lawyer

Family Fined, Kicked Off Their Own Land For Living In RV Image-77
Source: Jamie White
A Georgia family was kicked off their own plot of land and fined for living in an RV.
Polk County resident Tim Leslie bought a plot of land with his life savings after getting laid off due to the pandemic lockdowns, where he and his family lived in an RV as they developed a permanent home.
“Before I could go to court, they showed up at my property, the building inspector and the code enforcement officer, and told me that I had to be off my land or they were going to seize my vehicles and my assets,” Leslie told WSB-TV last month.
Institute for Justice lawyer Ari Bargil said Leslie’s case brings up questions about property rights and freedom.
“This is a question about property rights,” said Bargil. “Mr. Leslie owns the property on which he situated his camper. And as a result, he has the right to live there, as long as he’s not harming anybody through his use.”
Polk county police had issued Leslie a citation for “living in a camper/RV,” citing several codes, but Bargil argues that none of the ordinances specifically address Leslie’s living situation.
“There is nothing that says that he can or cannot have a camper on his property,” Bargil said. “They’re trying to compile this mishmash of ordinance applications in order to be able to say you can’t do this. But the reality is that this is a unique use of property. It’s one that’s not contemplated by the city’s ordinances. And for that reason alone, it should be allowed, at least temporarily.”
“People are struggling financially. I think it’s important that cities allow people some leeway, so that they can figure out creative ways for them to be able to make ends meet, and to get by until they’re able to get back up on their feet,” Bargil added.
Leslie had chickens, goats, a vegetable garden and plenty of space for his wife and two children.
“We plan on building a forever home here and, you know, growing old and giving it to our kids,” he said.
Leslie lost in municipal court, but in an unusual move, a superior court judge agreed to hear his case. He’s also working on a civil lawsuit against Polk county.

https://nworeport.me/2021/03/04/family-fined-kicked-off-their-own-land-for-living-in-rv/

Thanks to: https://nworeport.me

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum